I usually let my ingredients talk to me. Because, I never know what I want to cook. Or, I may decide what to cook. Then change my mind after looking at the type of ingredients I have on my kitchen bench.
I bought a roast duck after work on Friday. I was thinking a roast duck serve on top of wanton noodles with some fresh Asian vegetables and plum sauce on the side. The duck was frozen. I had to thaw it overnight.
Tonight’s dinner theme – DUCK.
A roast duck, garlic, lemongrass, carrot, ginger, chili, beans, onion, zucchini, button mushrooms, pineapples, bamboo shoots, coriander.
I changed my mind after looking at what I have in front of me. Roast Duck with wanton noodles. Nope. Boring. I decided to have a go with making a duck curry.
1 roast duck – slice into bite pieces
1 zucchini – finely dice
1 carrot – finely dice
10 beans – cut into halves
10 small tomatoes
1 punnet of button mushroom – cut in halves
1 small can bamboo shoots – drain and rinse
1 small can pineapples – drain and rinse
1 can coconut milk
1 bunch coriander
4 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
3 red chilies
Chop the above ingredients. Blend in a food processor into a paste.
1. Heat some cooking oil in a hot wok.
2. Add spice paste. Stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add duck meats and vegetables. Mix through and stir fry for a few minutes.
4. Add coconut milk. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
5. Season with salt and sugar to taste.
6. Serve with steamed basmati rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Hope you enjoy this simple and yet delicious duck curry recipe.