I am not sure I have ever done two back to back post on what’s cooking in my kitchen. This is the first, and I am in the mood to write and post tonight’s dinner. You must know by now that I like to make simple meal that anyone can cook, but still taste delicious. Tonight’s dinner is one of them.
Preparation time – 10 to 15 minutes depends on how fast you are with the knife!
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Eating time – under 5 minutes! LOL.
300 gm beef strips – smash each strip with the back of a knife until beef is almost flatten, then marinate with 1 tablespoon fish sauce, a pinch of salt and white pepper
1 broccoli head – cut into small bite pieces
2 carrots – cut into thick strips
1 red capsicum – cut into bite pieces
2 tomatoes – cut into bite pieces
1 brown onion – cut in half then slice thinly
4 cloves garlic – chop finely
1 bird eye chili – slice thinly
4 spring onions (green section only) – chop finely
1 kaffir lime zest – about 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
1/2 tablespoon palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
Mix 1 tablespoon corn starch with a bit of water
1. Heat some oil in a hot wok
2. Toss in marinated beef. Quick stir fry for 1 minute. Remove and set aside
3. Toss in chopped garlic and chili. Stir fry until fragrant
4. Add broccoli and carrot. Add some water. Quick toss a few times, then cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes on high heat
5. Remove lid. Add oyster sauce. Give the vegetables a quick stir fry
6. Add red capsicum, kaffir lime zest and onions. Continue to stir fry for 1-2 minutes
7. Add beef, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Continue to stir fry for 1-2 minutes
8. Add tomatoes, spring onion and starch. Give them a quick toss until all ingredients are well coated and gravy thickens
9. Remove and serve with steamed rice.